Wednesday, June 05, 2013

My 24th Birthday


For my birthday this year I decided to get out of Daegu and so I rented a hostel for about 12 of us on Haeundae beach in Busan and then everyone else met us there. We started the night out at a restaurant along the beach front called sharky’s. It’s your typical American joint with hamburgers, burritos, nachos n all. The menu is even in American dollars. It was amazing!! 
After all the Korean food we had been eating, some good old western food was a great treat. After that we made our way down to the student area of Busan and did some bar hopping and dancing, was a lot of fun! 
However when I arrived at Sharky’s for dinner my friends presented me with this HUGE cupcake made of cardboard that I HAD to wear around my neck the whole night and it had a list of things I had to do on it. 
The list had things like: Dance on a table, get a random guy to buy you a shot, kiss 24 strangers on the cheek, sing the South African national anthem, tell people you meet that your name is Batalie Nester, wake up hungover(that was a given), tell a stranger that you love them, take 24 photos with 24 strangers etc etc. So needless to say it was an entertaining night!
I didn't know how many people would come through to Busan as its about an hour and a half from Daegu and people would have to pay for somewhere to sleep and all but I was overwhelmed with the amount of people that came through to spend my Birthday with me :) I've really made amazing friends here that I know will stick by me for years to come and I count myself very lucky for this!!

Day time on the beach 


I told you the cupcake was huge...




One of the 'to-do's' was to get a guy to take his shirt off and take a photo. Gustaf was closest so he got attacked. 

Liz (left) and Aubrey (right), definitely two of the best people I have ever met.

This is Gabby, she made the sign. I blame my hangover on her ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment